I admit, I could have called it ankle to knee pose, but I hoped Dead Pigeon would bring a smile to your face as you were trying out the pose. I love hip openers because my hips tend to get so sore from sitting for most of the day! They also just feel great and make sitting, walking, standing, and aging all much more pleasant.
So, how do you do the Dead Pigeon?
1. Lie on your back with your feet on the floor, knees pointing up.
2. Lift your right leg, and place the ankle just below the knee on the left leg. Keep the right foot flexed, especially if you have problems with the knees.
3. Put your right arm through the legs and hold the left thigh. Bring the left arm around the outside of the left leg. Clasp your hands around the thigh if possible, or just hold the leg
4. Pull back with your hands, lifting the legs off the floor, and feel a stretch in your right hip
5. Hold for 5-10 breaths and then switch sides!
Let me know how you find it!