I have just been nominated for a Liebster award! Should I choose to accept (which I enthusiastically do!) I have a mission ahead of me. The instructions on acceptance have been clearly laid out by the lovely Dawnyhosking who also happens to be my nominator! Many thanks for the nomination, and you should definitely check out her blog! Not only does she have great articles on living with CFS and Fibro, but she writes beautiful prose as well! Here is the link to her blog again: http://dawnyhosking.wordpress.com – read all the things!
update: I am very honoured to say that I have also been nominated for this award by the wonderful Charlotte. She writes a great blog about living with Chronic Illness and CFS that you should check out here: Fish out of water I’ve answered her questions below!
Thoughts on the Liebster Award
If, like many, you were too lazy/foggy/enthralled by my post to learn more about the Liebster award, I will explain a little bit about the history here:
It is the stuff legends are made of. No one knows where the award originated, but the word is German, so we have our suspicions. However, the word means ‘Dearest’ or ‘Favourite’ in German, leaving us to wonder if a German person did indeed create the award, or if some caring Austrian or Swiss chap did the deed. It seems to be awarded to new bloggers, as a way of recognizing their accomplishments, and helping newbies gain cred in the blogosphere. Unlike your traditional awards, all nominees may win, or ‘lose’ simply by choice. If you do choose to accept, the stipulation is that you answer some fun/personal questions on your blog, and pass the honour on by nominating 10 of your new blogger friends.
Now, for my Q&A:
1. What time do you get up in the morning?
I aim for 7:30, but usually closer to 9:30 😛
2. What’s the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
Any episode of 30 rock
3. Money no object what do you buy?
Round the World ticket
4. Energy no issue what do you do?
Travel, work, play, and give
5. Favourite famous person and why?
Tina Fey. See question #2
6. Do you watch Game of Thrones, if not why not? It’s good.
Yes!! It’s not good it’s great!
7. What’s your favourite cuddly toy, you must have one?
My blankee *blushes*
8. Do you count calories?
Sometimes, but I’m not so great at math
9. Are you happy in this moment, now?
10. Who is your favourite band?
Walk off the Earth
Questions from Charlotte:
1. If you could invent anything in the world, without limitations of time, matter, space, or money- what would it be?
2. If you could live forever, what would you do today?
Take a full day to sleep and watch movies without feeling guilty
3. What’s one item you couldn’t live with out?
My childhood blankee *blushes*
4. If you had to stay in one place forever, where would it be?
5. How would you spend your last $20?
On the most delicious food (poutine if possible) I could find.
6. What will your next blog post be about?
Funny you should ask- I was just thinking about that! Maybe Dysautonomia
7. If you had to stay one age forever, what age would it be?
8 or 23
8. What’s your favourite food?
Poutine/ Chips/French Fries and also Chocolate. And also sushi. It’s really hard to choose from so many options!
9. What is one activity that makes you instantly happy?
Yoga, cuddling, going for a walk in nature, or watching something funny.
10. What’s your favourite thing about having a chronic illness?
Having to make it a necessity to put my needs first.
And the Nominations…
And now my questions for you…
1. What is your favourite movie?
2. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. If you could live forever, what would you do today?
4. Which superpower would you choose: flying, super speed, or invisibility?
5. Which would you rather? 4 legs, or 4 arms?
6. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
7. E-reader, or paper book?
8. Which country is next on your bucket list?
9. If you could invent anything in the world, without limitations of time, matter, space, or money- what would it be?
10. What will your next blog post be about?